You are here
Travel Industry Act - general regulation
Establishes the detailed requirements to register and operate as a travel agent and/or wholesaler in Ontario.
Requirements in the regulation under the Travel Industry Act, 2002 ensure that when customers book a travel service through a registered travel agent or travel wholesaler in Ontario, they:
- know the total price, including all fees
- get a receipt from the agent or wholesaler
- are notified and offered a refund or comparable alternate travel services if there are certain changes to the travel services
- are protected when they make a prepaid deposit
- are reimbursed for eligible claims out of the Travel Industry Compensation Fund
To protect consumers purchasing travel services.