How it works
All ideas will be reviewed to ensure they meet the submission criteria, and are within the scope of the Ontario Government to deliver.
We will bring together groups of participants from across the Province to learn more about each of the focus areas, discuss the ideas submitted and to put forward a shortlist for public voting. Login or register to opt in to receive Budget Talks news.
Submissions that make it past the review and workshops phases will be posted online where you can vote for the ideas you would like to see implemented.
We’ll announce which ideas received the most votes and will be implemented. You can follow our progress updates throughout the Budget year, using the Budget Talks tracker. opens in a new window
Learn more about the 5 focus areas
Each focus area has background information to help you better craft your submission. Read more below!
Select a focus area to submit an idea or browse others.
Submit your ideas
Your submission must:
- not ask for funding for an individual, group, organization, company and/or business
- be submitted by midnight on November 3rd, 2017
- be a proposal for a new fund, pilot, study, event or digital service
- be within the scope of the Ontario Government to deliver
- help us solve a problem in one of 5 focus areas
- require a one-time investment of no more than $1 million
- be finished or able to show progress by spring 2019
- and meet the criteria, outlined in the submission guide
All Ontarians are welcome to participate
Prefer to leave a comment? Read our comment policy
Follow @ONgov opens in a new window to stay up to date on each phase from submission to final selection.